Communication & Parental Involvement
We know that the most successful education takes place when parents/carers, staff and governors all work together.
Parents and carers can be involved with the whole school community in a variety of ways:
- Helping with school trips
- Supporting with fund raising events
- Attending come learn with me events
- Attending curriculum evenings
- Attending whole school services and events
- Delivering one of our After School Enrichment Clubs
- Joining the PTA – let them know you want to join by emailing them here – firstname.lastname@example.org
Any adult working in our school will need to complete the appropriate police checks.
The school communicates in a variety of ways including:
If you have a concern regarding your child(ren) you should speak first to the teacher or a member of the senior leadership team/Headteacher. If you are unhappy with the response please contact Admin@primaryadvantage.hackney.sch.uk who will forward your response to the Executive Principal. If these discussions do not resolve the concern, please visit the making a complaint section of the Hackney Education website.
Snow/Bad Weather and School closure
All efforts will be made to open the school on all normal school days even when we have snow and other adverse weather conditions. If the school is not going to open due to either weather or an unforeseen event, a decision will be made by 7:30am and information posted on the school and Local Authority websites.
In the event of the school not opening parents will be kept informed via:
- The school website.
- Emails will be sent out to parents. (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date.
- The Hackney Education website.
In the event of weather deteriorating during the day leading to closure of the school:
- Permission for pupils to go home will be sought from parents (Please ensure your contact details are up to date).
- Emails will be sent out to parents. (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date.)
- Information will be published on the school website.
If there is an enforced closure of the school and children are unable to gain permission to go home provision will be made to supervise those pupils until they can be collected at 3:30pm.
In the event of bad weather the telephones are likely to be very busy and it is strongly recommended that you access the school website which will be regularly updated.
Please note that should you wish to have a paper copy of anything you find on the school website this can be provided for you. Please contact Fatma Ilhan in the main school office.