The Pupil Premium is an additional amount of money given to schools, on top of their main budget. Every school receives a fixed amount of money per pupil for all pupils meeting certain criteria. The main criterion is eligibility for free school meals at any given point within the last six years or those children who have been cared for by the Local Authority for at least six months. The money is provided to schools so that we can raise attainment and progress for this group of pupils.
The main aims of the pupil premium are to:
- Increase social mobility
- Enable more pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to access the best education
- Reduce the attainment gap between the highest and lowest achieving pupils
Pupil Premium 2020-21
The pupil premium allocation is £1345 per pupil. This year the total allocation for Holy Trinity C of E Primary School will be £145,260 We plan to spend the money in the following ways to target the eligible pupils:
- Additional support from the NHS Speech and Language service to support early language development
- Rewards for excellent attendance and punctuality
- A member of staff to support transition
- Extended places at Breakfast Club and after school clubs that are subsidised for those children in receipt of Pupil Premium
- Professional development: releasing teachers to work with colleagues across the federation to raise standards
- Diminish the gap between PP pupils and their peers (within school and nationally)
- Additional Teaching Assistant in Early Years/KS1 to support early reading and phonics
- Training programme for teaching assistants with focus on early language development and oracy
- Project-based family learning to excite, motivate and improve outcomes for pupils
- Homework and extended day activities provided free of charge to targeted pupils
Holy Trinity Pupil Premium Strategy
PPG Strategy Review dates: July 2020 and March 2021
*This funding plan is based on indicative and planned strategic spend during the period 2020-21 but is subject to revision & change dependent on on-going need and changes to pupil cohorts.
Please click here for more information on pupil premium funding.